Saturday, October 11, 2008

Quilt not done...

I have not finished the quilt yet. I am having serious issues with thread breaking and needles breaking. I switched from all poly thread to poly-cotton to all cotton and all the same results. I suspect that the needle I am using is too small. However, I can't find a larger ballpoint needle. Anyway, the last time I was sewing, the needle broke in three pieces and one piece is in the machine somewhere so there was no way to complete the quilt. However, I do need to start the girls' costumes so I will have to put the quilt on the shelf again. Also, I do not have enough binding material so I need that too.

I had Lisa leave her jeans for me to hem. They are skinny jeans so they should be easier to hem than my jeans. Also, she plans on wearing them inside of her UGGS so just past her ankle will be appropriate.

I also asked her to to leave her shirtdress and board shorts. Hopefully I can draft a pattern from them and find the right fabric for the board shorts.

No comments: